From The Kitchen Project @ Sequoia High School
Yield: 3 Quarts
- Sheet Tray
- Large Pot
- Fork (to mix eggs)
- 2 mixing bowls
- Compost bin
- Cutting Board
- 2 ea Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 2 qt Chicken Stock
- 6 ea Eggs
- 2 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 bu Winter Spinach
- 3/4 # Russet Potatoes
- 1 ea Loaf Bread
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry Spinach. Cut off stem. Cut into strips. Wash Potatoes. Cut into 1/4 inch disks.
- Cut bread into slices and place on a half sheet tray. Drizzle 1 oz EVOO over the top and add salt and pepper. Bake for 10 Min.
- In a large pot, heat 1 T EVOO over med heat. When hot, add garlic. Cook till light brown.
- Add chopped Spinach and cook till soft. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Put 2 qt Chicken Stock in pot and cook over Med heat. Add potatoes (to cold stock).
- Crack eggs into the bowl with the spinach. Mix. Add salt, pepper, and 1 oz grated Parmesan.
- When boiling, slowly add egg and spinach mixture to boiling stock.
- When all ingredients are incorporated and potatoes tender, turn off heat.
- Gather bowls and place 1 ladle of soup in each. Top with a pinch of Parmesan cheese and a piece of toast.